Thursday, April 24, 2008

3000 stamps made me feel important

I wish it didn't come to that. But I rescued the day at work yesterday by successfully finding and purchasing 3,000 75 cent stamps. That's what gave me worth.

And the whole time I was reveling in my Stamp Victory I didn't even know my mom's heart and kidneys were failing her.

I wish I could do more than be scared and text all my friends, pleading with them for positive thoughts and prayers. [the response has been pretty awesome, btw]
And I wish that I could stop hating how lonley I am during all of this, when that is probably the most selfish feeling I could have right now.
I wish I didn't have to care about ordering food, or printing letters, or keeping track of ticket sales today. I just wish I was sleeping.

People have been through harder things than what I am going through, right? I wish that I could just get a hug, and not be let go of until I choose to.

And I really, really wish that whoever is wearing high heels today would take them the heck off, because that sound makes me so tense when I'm at work, and I just don't feeling like dealing with it today.

No comments: